Total Cook Time
- 10 oz. uncooked macaroni
- 3 tbsp. Cache Valley® Butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Cache Valley® Finely Shredded Colby Jack
- 1 cup Cache Valley® Finely Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, or as needed
- PREHEAT oven to 400° F.
- COOK macaroni following packaging instructions. Drain and set aside.
- PLACE butter in a heated dutch oven.
- ADD flour to the dutch oven when butter is melted and mix with a spatula until brown.
- ADD evaporated milk and light cream slowly, stirring constantly as you add ingredients to avoid clumps.
- LOWER heat and let boil.
- SEASON with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- ADD the Cache Valley® Finely Shredded Colby Jack and Cache Valley® Finely Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack and continue stirring until the cheese melts.
- ADD cooked macaroni and mix well.
- COMBINE panko bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- SPRINKLE macaroni mixture with just enough of the bread crumbs to coat most of the surface and top with remaining cheese.
- BAKE in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn on the oven’s broiler and continue to cook until the crust is golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- SERVE and enjoy the cheesy goodness from the Valley.