Total Cook Time
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups cream
- 4 cups Cache Valley® Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tbsp. Cache Valley® Butter
- ½ lb. precooked lasagna sheets
- HEAT olive oil in a dutch oven.
- FRY ground beef, onion and garlic and let cook for 5 minutes.
- ADD chopped tomatoes, lower heat and let cook for about 20 more minutes.
- MIX cream, Cache Valley® Shredded Mozzarella, parsley, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- ADD eggs to bowl and continue mixing.
- GREASE baking dish with butter and place a layer of lasagna pasta.
- PLACE a layer of ground beef and tomatoes over pasta and top with cheese.
- REPEAT process, adding more layers of pasta, beef and cheese.
- TOP final layer with cheese.
- BAKE for 30 minutes at 350° F or until the surface is slightly browned.
- SERVE and enjoy this family favorite, from the Valley to your dinner table.