Total Cook Time
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups Alfredo sauce
- 4 ounces Cache Valley® Mozzarella cheese, shredded (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- PREHEAT the oven to 350˚ and grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- BRING a large pot with 4 quarts of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- ADD salt to the boiling water, stir in the pasta, and cook for 7 minutes.
- ADD broccoli florets and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until the pasta is al dente and the broccoli is bright green.
- DRAIN the water completely from the pasta and broccoli and place it in the prepared baking dish. Do not rinse.
- ADD the rotisserie chicken, alfredo sauce, shredded Cache Valley® Mozzarella cheese, and grated parmesan and stir to combine.
- BAKE the pasta in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the top is lightly golden brown
Broccoli – Frozen broccoli can be used instead of fresh. Cook the pasta for 10 minutes first, then add the broccoli for the last 30 to 60 seconds just to heat.
Cheese – Freshly grate a block of Cache Valley® Mozzarella cheese for the best texture to the sauce. In the interest of time, Cache Valley® Shredded Mozzarella cheese can be used.
Meat – Substitute the chicken for Italian sausage, meatballs, shrimp, or steak. Omit the meat for a vegetarian dish.
Stovetop – Combine the cooked pasta and broccoli with the chicken, alfredo, and cheeses in a pot over low heat and stir until the cheese is melted and creamy.
Make Ahead – Assemble the dish up until baking time. Cool and cover in plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Remove to sit at room temperature while the oven is preheating. Cooking times may be a bit longer.
Storage – Leftovers can be kept for 3-5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop with a bit of milk or cream.
Recipe by Amanda Scarlati with Scarlati Family Kitchen