Total Cook Time
- 1 tbsp. Cache Valley® Butter, divided
- ¼ small apple, cored and cut into thin slices
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- 1 generous dash cinnamon
- 2 slices cinnamon-swirl bread
- 2 slices Cache Valley® Cheddar Cheese
- MELT half of the butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- ADD in apples and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until apples have softened and have lightly browned.
- REMOVE apples from saucepan and combine with cinnamon and sugar.
- SPREAD half of the remaining butter on one side of one slice of bread, and place butter-side down in the skillet over medium heat.
- PLACE 1 slice cheese on top.
- SPOON apple mixture over cheese.
- TOP with remaining slice of cheese.
- SPREAD remaining Cache Valley® Butter on second slice of bread, and complete sandwich with top slice of bread, butter-side facing up.
- COOK until the bread has browned, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until second side has browned. Remove from heat; slice and enjoy.
Note: Remove from heat and cover the sandwich with a pot lid for 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese if bread has browned too quickly.